Saturday 1 July 2017

A Man Called Ove (2015)

A Man Called Ove was originally released in Sweden in 2015 and it's only just made its way over to the UK this week. For selfish reasons, that's worked out well for me, as it's very unlikely I would have bothered to watch it back in 2015.

I don't want to say very much about this - except out of all the films I've seen this year, this is is one of my favourites. Funny, sad, uplifting - I spent twenty minutes after watching it recovering from the emotional rollercoaster ride it took me on. The cast are brilliant too - particulalry Rolf Lassgard who is note perfect as Ove, and Ida Engvoll who is absolutely luminescent in her role as Sonja.

Have to confess that I haven't read the book on which it is based, so I have no idea of how faithful an adaptation it is, but I found the film immensely charming.

Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hong Kong Railway Museum

For a little bit of context, I've been fascinated by trains for most of my life. I can't make any claim to being a true fanatic - my...